Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Moving Forward

It's crazy how quickly time gets away from you......

Here's a quick rundown of what's going on:

*  We leave for vacation in seven weeks!  We are spending a week in the Outer Banks of North Carolina with our family and friends for a total group of 25 people.  It's a crazy thing going with that many people but it is a blast!  I am the one that organizes it, finds the house, does the financial crap and sets most of it up.  We have a pre-vacation meeting to settle on bedrooms, meals, days that we cook, etc.  Each family takes an evening and is in charge of making dinner for the house!  It works out so nicely because each family only has to cook one night while on vacation!  We usually take the first night so that we can sort of show everyone what we mean and so that we have it out of the way.  The day we get there, a few of us girls go grocery shopping and pick up all the groceries for the week including all the stuff for each dinner.  Each family puts in so much for groceries for the week.  I love doing this and I even make packets for each family so that they have all the information that I have.  No secrets or exclusions from anyone.  I cannot wait!! June 9th cannot come soon enough!

* Lincoln is going next Tuesday to a satellite location of our Children's Hospital to have dental surgery.  He needs extensive work done on all of his molars and another tooth so they felt it best to do it while he is under anesthesia.  I know he is going to be in great hands but I am so nervous for my baby boy to go through this.  I know he won't know anything is going on while they do it but I hate to think of him in pain and being under anesthesia.  I'm already thinking of taking a sick day the following day to spend it with him while he recovers! Worried mama bear :)

* After a lot of consideration, I have decided to leave my job.  We found out that my building is going to close and my cafe would, in turn, be shutting down.  Therefore, I would be moving to another location where I am needed.  I had been thinking of leaving my job long before this since Lincoln will be going to kindergarten and the other kids are going to be in school.  I will be needed at home more than I could ever be needed at work so I planned on leaving.  I just figured I would leave at the end of the summer or early fall when the cafe closes to make it easier on my boss.  Yes, to make it easier on my boss, not for my own benefit.  This is how I get myself in trouble, I worry more about others than myself.  Anyway, I decided that it is time for me to do something for myself and my family and so I put in my notice that June 22nd will be my last day.  It is bittersweet, as I love some of my customers and they do make me feel like a friend.  Some of them I will miss but it doesn't equate to the joy I see in my kids' eyes to have me home.  The kids are so excited and happy to know that we will get to spend our entire summer together doing whatever we want.  Can you say swimming, zoo trips, camping, museums, science center, etc?!  I need this as much as my kids do.

* Chuck still is not back to work so we will get more time together, which has really been lacking lately.  I am so busy on a daily basis that we never have time to ourselves which is so crazy.  I don't know when he will be going back to work.  He doesn't know when he will go back to work.  I know people wonder how we are making this work but it does.  He is still collecting unemployment and he is taking care of house and home, kids included.  He gets the kids up and off to school and takes Lincoln to and from school.  He does laundry, cleaning, dishes, yard work, fixups at home, etc.  He has become quite the at home dad and I am beyond proud of him.  He is doing things that he has never done before like preschool field trips and teaching the kids things.  I was always there for all of that while he was always working so this switch has been beneficial for him, mentally and emotionally. 

So, there are huge changes coming to our family.  I can't fully express my excitement and joy at all of it!

I hope to keep up with this a little more moving forward but I can't promise anything.  I'm still running at a million miles an hour....can't wait for that to change too!   I have lots more to say but gotta hop off to get a few things done around here before bed!  Goodnight all!

1 comment: