Sunday, April 22, 2012

Little Bit of This, Little Bit of That

As each day passes, I am reminded that it is one day closer to my last day at my job.  While I do have an at-home job lined up, I am trying to think of other ways to make some extra money. 

I am already babysitting two kids a few days a week in the evenings to make some extra cash but that is not really something that I will be able to continue to do.  The one girl I can continue but the baby, I cannot.  Our weeknight schedules get so hectic in the late summer due to football practices and dance classes.  I can take the girl with me because she is older and it's not a problem at all.  The baby is not too easy though.  I would need to get a new carseat for him and let's face it, dragging an 18 month old everywhere when he is already a crabby boy makes it all the harder.  I am thinking that I will have to stop watching him by the end of June.  I am thinking end of June because although football doesn't start until the end of July, I would really like to have my summer free.  That may seem selfish but I have come to the point in my life where I am not trying to please everyone else.  I have spent too many years doing that.  I am doing this for myself! 

He comes around 3:15pm and I don't want to be out somewhere with my kids (zoo, pool, museum, etc.) and have to hurry home and cut our days short because we need to be back to get him.  I know that sounds bad but it is what it is.  This summer is for my kids too. 

There are a few things that I have been thinking of doing on the side to make some extra money but I'm not sure how well they would do so I don't want to mention them just yet.  I got a few books from the library that may help me.  I love the idea of not having a boss and doing things my way.  There is something so attractive about being my own boss. 

Chuck still isn't back to work and I know a lot of people have questions as to why in the world I would quit working while he is also not working but I know we will be fine.  We always are.  I will be working, possibly long hours but I will be home and I can be there when my kids need me.  I can be there to see them off to school, to attend a school function, to go on a field trip, to take them to doctor in the morning if need be.  Yes, we are taking a gamble, taking a risk but I believe in  my heart that it is a risk worth taking because my family is worth it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment