Monday, June 4, 2012

1, 5, 11 days

I've been playing the numbers game a lot  lately.  I'm keeping track of so many things that my head is spinning trying to keep it all straight. 

There is only 1 day of school left for my kids.  It is so hard to believe that the school year is over already.  I know everyone says how quickly time flies and I swear each year goes faster.  My daughter will be moving on to the junior high and my older son moves on to being the top dog in his school.  of course, my little boy goes to kindergarten in the fall.  I will officially have all school-aged children.  How in the world did this happen?! 

There are 5 days until we leave for our beach vacation.  I am beyond excited to get there and enjoy this time with my family and friends.  We have plans to play some games, drink some yummy wines and tropical drinks, swim a lot, collect shells, take family photos on the beach and just thoroughly have a great time.  We had tossed around the idea of leaving on Friday evening and staying somewhere along the way to break up the long drive but really, we've made the long trip twice before in one day so why do something different?  I took Friday off of work to finish all the last minute things and get everything we need without having to rush around after work.  That includes getting my nails and toes done. ;)

There are 11 work days left for me.  I work the next three days, have ten days off, work a 5 day work week, then finish out my job with a 3 day work week!  A lot of my customers have been asking me if I am excited to be done (duh!!), how many days I have left, what I am going to do, etc.  Lots of questions from them.  While some of my customers drive me absolutely crazy, there are a few who I will definitely miss.  Some of these people have shared parts of their lives with me and I with them.  Some of them are encouraging, supportive, appreciative and generous.  You see these people five days a week and talk to them each day.  You get to know them and as much as you can dislike a job, you enjoy the people that are there.  I can say that I will miss my customers more than my coworker.  I won't go into the details of that but I will have a lot less stress after I leave!

The numbers game is always fun when  you know that there are great things happening when you reach the number zero.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about each year going faster!
    I hope you have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete